Urban Sketchers

Urban Sketchers network
I'm an urban sketcher

Monday 15 April 2013

Early Spring Snowfall creates beautiful patterns

Interesting snow patterns on trunks
This morning was supposed to be a sketchout at Sturgeon Creek but the strong winds and all that freshly fallen snow cancelled our plans. I went to Art Group instead but when I was driving home at lunchtime, I was taken with the pattern of the fresh snow on the trees in Assiniboine Forest along Grant Ave. I continued home, had my lunch and headed back out to take photos and do a quick sketch of these interesting trees. I don't know what type of trees these are but they have a very warm golden green hue with dark markings and eruptions on the trunks. The snow had wrapped itself around these trees in an interesting pattern almost like large snow "bandages".  Maybe tomorrow will bring better weather; a little sunshine would be nice and no wind!
Assiniboine Forest along Grant Ave
Quick sketch of trees

No comments:

Post a Comment